NOTE: Specific functions, required knowledge, skills & abilities may vary depending on assignment.
1. Plans, organizes, and manages the activities of Landfill Operations staff, as well as professional and paraprofessional staff within their department.
2. Assists with administrative duties including the development of department policies and procedures.
3. Reviews, evaluates, and approves civil engineering plans for landfill construction projects, private development and/or city capital improvement projects. Signs and seals plans and related documents as needed.
4. Develops engineering standards and specifications for areas of assigned responsibility.
5. Supervises the planning coordination and management of public works projects.
6. Supervises the management of outside consultants
7. Approves payment to outside consultants and contractors.
8. Reviews capital improvement project schedules and project manager workloads.
9. Provides technical direction, project management, and assistance to developers, consultants, outside agencies and engineering staff regarding projects.
10. Provides lead expertise, technical direction and assistance to technical staff.
11. Coordinates city projects with other cities and agencies.
12. Prepares and presents written and oral reports for City management and the public.
13. Supervises research, analyzes findings, and prepares recommendations for infrastructure planning needs.
14. Responds to and resolves citizen inquiries and complaints.
15. Participates in the development of department and capital improvement budgets.
16. Represents the City on professional and technical committees.
17. Requires driving to and from meetings in various locations and occasional field inspections of projects.
18. Performs other related duties as assigned.