CVSan is currently recruiting for the position of Solid Waste Specialist. This person will oversee and perform professional level analytical, technical assistance, and specialized work in support of CVSan’s solid waste management and collection, processing, and disposal services. In addition, they will coordinate programs that will efficiently and economically reduce the generation of solid waste and actively divert solid waste from landfill disposal to meet local, state and federal regulations.
The Typical Duties of the Solid Waste Specialist
- Develop and direct the implementation of goals, objectives, policies, procedures, and work standards for the program;
- Analyze current waste prevention, recycling, organics, and hazardous materials disposal programs;
- Recommend policy and procedural improvements; implement waste prevention, recycling, and organics programs, such as business commercial, multi-family, and/or schools programs;
- Prepare correspondence, forms, media, informational and educational materials, graphic designs and specialized documents from drafts, notes, brief instructions, or corrected copy;
- Participate in and oversee the development of special events to inform the public of and market CVSan activities and zero waste programs;
- Prepare, update, and submit reports for Board and various regulatory agencies.
Submit your cover letter, resume, response to the supplemental questions and Castro Valley Sanitary District (CVSan’s) application form; download at www.cvsan.org/employmentopps. Your application packet may be emailed to: email@example.com or delivered or sent via mail to: 21040 Marshall St Castro Valley, CA 94546-6020.
Applications are currently being accepted by Human Resources and must be received by March 24, 2017.
Castro Valley Sanitary District is an equal opportunity employer encouraging workforce diversity.