As the successful applicant, you must possess:
- a minimum three (3) year post-secondary diploma in a related discipline;
- a minimum of two (2) years related experience, preferably in a municipal environment;
- a demonstrated understanding of municipal government and related regulations and legislation;
- an understanding of solid waste collection and waste diversion programs;
- demonstrated intermediate level knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel) and an understanding of Adobe Suite and GIS;
- strong reasoning, negotiation, technical, analytical, research, organizational and prioritization skills;
- strong leadership, decision-making, and interpersonal skills;
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills in order to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, consultants and the general public;
- tact, diplomacy and the ability to work with a broad range of partners;
- the ability to work well under pressure to meet deadlines; and,
- a valid unrestricted Driver’s Licence (minimum Class “G”) maintained in good standing with access to a personal vehicle.
Salary: $28.47 - $35.58 per hour
Hours: Monday to Friday 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Application Deadline: Wednesday, March 29, 2017
Application Instructions: To be considered for this challenging opportunity, please fax, mail, e-mail or deliver your confidential application/resume to:
The Corporation of the Town of Whitby - Human Resource Services
575 Rossland Road East, Whitby, ON L1N 2M8
Fax: 905.430.4340 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote Posting Reference No.: 17-T003-139
The selection process may include assessment methods to further determine a candidate’s knowledge and skills for the position.
The Town of Whitby is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. Please advise Human Resource Services of any accommodations needed to ensure your access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
Acknowledgement will only be forwarded to those applicants who are invited for an interview.
Personal information provided is collected under the authority of The Municipal Act, 2001 and the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
The Town of Whitby is an equal opportunity employer.