Location: Westchester Campus,
Performs the daily solid waste management and recycling service requirements of the LMU campus. Assists the Facility Management Department with supporting the regular and non-routine needs of the University in general.
POSITION SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure the University's daily solid waste management servicing is accomplished.
- Assist with the University Recycling Program's daily service requirements, mentor and direct Student Workers.
- Process recyclables and dispose of collected solid waste using compactors, balers, perforators, conveyors, and other solid waste and recycling equipment.
- Clean and maintain FM Operations Yard, load incoming debris from campus and renovation work for transport using forklifts, tilt hoppers, and tractors.
- Provide disposal support and recycling services to all special events on the Westchester Campus of LMU. Represent LMU at special events as an ambassador of polite service.
- Maintain facility trash chutes, trash rooms, container fleet, dumpster enclosures, and the west housing compactor court.
- Provide forklift support to other FM Services Sections, Shipping and Receiving (upper east campus), Public Safety, Athletics, Art, Theater Arts, and Science and Engineering Departments.
- Perform other duties as assigned or requested.
- 1 year work experience in waste management, recycling, or related operational endeavors; plus training seminars and workshops related to same.
- Basic understanding of solid waste management and material handling methodology. Familiarization with industry machines, tools, and methodology. Strong logistical and operational skills. Ability to operate forklifts, tractors, and other industrial vehicles and tools required for recycling and solid waste management. Must be willing to work outdoors in all types of weather, able to lift 50 pounds, and handle extended periods of standing and walking.
- Ability to work harmoniously with people from a variety of backgrounds; communicate effectively verbally; basic understanding of concepts and equipment applications required for solid waste management and recycling, while exercising sound and prudent judgment in the prioritizing of regular and non-routine service requirements.
- Typically a High School diploma.
- Requires valid California driver's license. Must maintain a "satisfactory" driving record as evidenced by DMV.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS (IF APPLICABLE):
- Constantly required to sit, feel, use finger movement, speak clearly, hear conversation, see near and far. Frequently required to stand and walk. Occasionally required to lift, carry and push up to 25 lbs., stoop, kneel, reach high and low, use depth perception.
- Shift Schedule: Tuesday- Saturday 6:30am- 3:30pm
- Applicants should submit the following materials:
- 1. Resume
COVID VACCINATION REQUIREMENT:
To ensure the safety and well-being of our community Loyola Marymount University requires that all students, faculty and staff are vaccinated or have been approved for a qualifying medical or religious exemption.
$16.04 - $21.25 Salary commensurate with education and experience.